I’ve just finished my first dress. Even with an extra lesson, I still didn’t manage to finish it during class time. Probably because I spent a lot of class unpicking my mistakes…and the packet lists this as an easy pattern…
That zip was horrible. It took four attempts to make it half-way decent. I wanted to fling the stupid thing across the room. But the dress turned out well and I can’t wait to wear it. The weather is meant to be terrible this week so maybe I’ll wait a bit.
And now I have heaps of this knitted material left over and no idea what to do with it XD
I’m starting to get a feel for how fabric works. I’d like to try and apply this knowledge to my art – adding in details like darts and pleats. Perhaps the more I sew, the more that knowledge will be applied to my digital art.