As usual, it takes me six months to get around to getting anything done. In this case, the pattern was heavily discounted and the fabric was from a remnants shop that had a $3 per metre sale. I feel sad that I discover an amazing shop just as I move away from it.
The pattern didn’t ask for gauze material or invisible zips but the fabric was irresistible and I think an invisible zip looks better (plus, I got an invisible zipper foot for christmas). Of course, I’m still very much a novice and no longer attend class. My ambition does not match my skills 😛
I am really pleased with how the skirt looks.
It’s just a shame that I didn’t know what I was doing. I’ve never worked with gauze before and had to guess how to sew the hem. I’m sure any professionals would laugh or cringe if they saw it. I also didn’t know how to modify the pattern to accomodate the different zip so the top part is dreadful. But that is easily covered.
I have some pink gauze to make another skirt so I’ll have to think carefully about making the zip work.
And of course, the first time I wear it out I get mustard on it >_>